It’s all about the experience when planning an event. A great venue and menu are paramount, but thoughtful details turn heads. Here are six fun and interactive ways to wow your guests at your wedding or next big event:
- Set the bar high. Add an interactive “bar” like a cigar bar or coffee bar. Tip: Time the bar to go live with dessert. It adds a surprise element to the event and is easier on your budget.
- #nofilter. For those instagrammable moments, give your guests the opportunity for some self-reflection with a selfie mirror, or add a pop with a balloon wall backdrop. Tip: Locally, we love VT & NH Photo Booths and Eye Candy Balloons.
- Let the games begin! If you have access to outdoor space, set up corn hole, giant Jenga or a golf putting green to entice new connections and even a little friendly competition. For weddings, small games at each table are fun, too. Try bride and groom trivia, mad libs, conversation starter cards, or couples advice cards. Tip: Find templates with a quick Pinterest search.
- Get on the welcome wagon. Especially for guests traveling from out of town, start their experience off right with welcome bags at the hotel. Stuff them with all kinds of surprises like the couple’s favorite items, a survival kit, or local NH items. Tip: Check out the NH Made Online Store for Granite State goodies.
- Are your creative juices flowing? Choose signature drinks that taste good and tell a story. For weddings, try fun names that tie in where the bride and groom met, or their favorite vacation spot. For other events, name the drink after the guest of honor or an important cause. Tip: Ask your venue coordinator for suggestions on the most colorful (and consumable) drinks.
6. Paint a picture. Capture the feeling of your wedding or event with a live painter. It makes for a great conversation starter during the event and a wonderful keepsake post-event. Tip: Ask your vendor for a digital print of the final product—it makes for the perfect thank you card!