You’re Engaged, Now What? (Part 1)

You’re engaged, and the love bubble is afloat. Pause, take it in, and enjoy your engagement. After all, it’s not long you’ll get to introduce your special someone as fiancé…

Now, there are a few things you’ll need to do to get started on your wedding planning, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered when it comes to your “to do” list; we’ve helped thousands of couples plan their big days. Since we’re fans of prioritizing, we’re sharing the first few things on the list to get you started, right up until the selection of your venue:

  1. Choose joy. Remember, it’s a beautiful moment in your life. Yes, your time will be in demand, and you’ll have lots on your plate. Always come back to the reason you’re here in the first place—you’re in love, baby! Wedding planning is meant to be an experience that fills your heart with joy. 
  2. Set a budget. Many couples start the process of planning their weddings without knowing their overall budget. According to the knot, costs associated with the reception make up 30 percent of total wedding spending. That leaves 70 percent allocated to everything else. Put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, and get realistic numbers down. 
  3. Find your vibe. Get clear on what you and your fiancé like and don’t like. Define your style, as a couple. This will help in narrowing down the venues you look at, the décor your choose, and the experience you want to create for you and your guests. 
  4. Estimate your guest count. Make a list, check it twice. You’ll need to know the estimated number of guests in order to find a venue that accommodates your party size. This is a variable in your budget, as well. 
  5. Start a list of dates. If you’re flexible, it will be easier to find a venue with a date you’ll love calling your anniversary! 
  6. Invite your besties to share in your wedding joy. We love this list of ways to pop the question to your bridesmaids. They’ll likely be wonderful resources in your planning process, so don’t hesitate to ask your crew for help.
  7. Tour venues and book your date. Schedule tours at the venues you think you’ll love. (Here’s a helpful list of questions to ask during a tour.) Narrow down your selections, and review how the venue fits the criteria you’ve outlined above: Does the venue have a date available that’s on your list? Can the venue accommodate your guest count? Does it fit your vibe, and how about your budget? 

Kudos, you’re well on your way to successfully planning your wedding day! 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *