Spring is in the air and summer wedding planning is in high gear! With day dreams of golden hour and the excitement of outdoor gatherings right around the corner, you’ll want to ensure your wedding planning to-do list is complete before you say I-do this summer!
Consider these tips to ensure your nuptials are a summertime breeze!
- Allow guests to plan ahead by sending the save the dates early. Summer is an exciting time with lots to do and see, which can mean planning vacations and getaways months in advanced for your guests. Ensure your date is set aside by loved ones by sending save the dates earlier than usual. For local celebrations, 4-6 months in advance of the wedding is the status quo, target a 6-8 month timeframe instead.
- Remember the weather when choosing a dress. Picking out a wedding dress is one of the most exciting days of a bride’s planning experience. Be sure to keep your location in mind when making a selection. A lighter weight dress can make all the difference for a summer bride. Consider Chiffon or Organza fabrics, to help stay cool and dancing all night long!
- Beat the heat with fan favors on every chair. Extra special personal touches and useful favors are often the most memorable aspects of a wedding. Consider paper handheld fans for your guest to enjoy during your ceremony. Simply place them on each seat for a pop of color.
- Pro Tip: Consider a two-in-one, eco-friendly use for your guests to enjoy a keepsake. Personalize fans with a thank you message or consider detailing your program!
- Prepare for summer weather’s uninvited guess in New England- BUGS. With mother nature’s reawakening, and the scenic landscapes surrounding your special moments in full bloom, be prepared for uninvited guests; mosquitos and other flying insects. Incorporate a bug spray station with spray bottles for guests to access. You can even design the bottles to match the theme of your wedding so the station will blend in with your décor.
Photos courtesy of Jamie Macari Photography and Katrina Bernard Photography